The current food and education systems have been designed to perpetuate the cycle of poverty in under resourced communities; social determinants of health including racial and socioeconomic status directly impact health outcomes.
Utilizing a holistic learning approach to programming that dismantles inequitable systems, and creates equitable change for communities, Change the Tune and Vituity Cares are partnering on a food justice and health equity focused after-school program for Chicago-based youth. This program provides education and mentorship to underserved communities, and directly addresses social determinants of health leading to disparate health outcomes based on race and/or socioeconomic status.
- Mentorship grounded in Best practices Deliberately Developmental Organization & Mindset
- Readily Adaptable Culturally Relevant & Cross-Cultural Content
- Experiential programming grounded in the tenants of Deeper Learning
- Humanizing a focus on prioritizing the voice of participants
- Programming will address physiological needs with the food justice program
- Intentionality about community & teaming, creating love & belonging
- A ‘point system’ allows learners to accrue earnings & social safety
- A science-backed learner tool-kit builds freedom in learning & esteem
Interested in becoming a mentor?
We Can’t Do It without you
This organization is powered by generosity. Whether you’re looking to donate or get involved, your contribution helps us grow our programs and broaden our impact.